Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm unable to get Safari v12.0.3 to respond

I'm unable to get Safari v12.0.3 to respond on my 2012 iMac operating OS10.14.3.

Safari Icon in dock , can't Open browser app or remove icon. Suggestions appreciated

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 15, 2019 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2019 4:01 PM

Eric, First let me thank you for your thorough reply. Safari would Not open from the app folder. Restarts on my iMac were not working either. I reviewed your suggestions about using the Terminal app and read a bit further on it as well. Frankly, " above my paygrade" so to speak. However, I did take your suggestion concerning the Malwarebytes software, downloaded and ran. About 30 possible problems showed up, tossed 'em and I seem to be up and running with Safari. I may purchase their program as a "preventative" as I was pretty much unprotected. Perhaps to be continued , but at this point Thanks Very Much. Ron K

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2019 4:01 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric, First let me thank you for your thorough reply. Safari would Not open from the app folder. Restarts on my iMac were not working either. I reviewed your suggestions about using the Terminal app and read a bit further on it as well. Frankly, " above my paygrade" so to speak. However, I did take your suggestion concerning the Malwarebytes software, downloaded and ran. About 30 possible problems showed up, tossed 'em and I seem to be up and running with Safari. I may purchase their program as a "preventative" as I was pretty much unprotected. Perhaps to be continued , but at this point Thanks Very Much. Ron K

Mar 15, 2019 1:43 PM in response to Ron Kabran

Will it open from the Applications folder?

Try doing a Dock restart using the following Terminal command:

killall Dock

Log out/in and test. If that doesn’t work, you need to look in your user Library/Application Support/Dock for the .db. Use the Finder “Go To Folder” command. Enter ~/Library/Application Support/Dock.  Move the .db to your desktop.

Then try a dock reset.

Applications/Utilities/Terminal enter the command

killall Dock

Log out/in test. If it works okay, delete the .db from the desktop.

If the Dock is the same, return the .db to where you got them from, overwriting the newer ones.

Check for adware/malware.

Try downloading this program which was written by Thomas R, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. 

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac      10.10 and later

Malwarebytes uninstall

I'm unable to get Safari v12.0.3 to respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.