Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

verification code not received at the cell phone associated with my Apple ID

I created a new account, associated with my Apple ID, on an iMac (running OS X 10.10) then attempted to log into that account. After entering my Apple ID password, I get a grey screen with "Sign In with Your Apple ID ... Enter the verification code sent to your other devices." So it appears my password was recognized as correct but the 2nd factor authentication is kicking in and I can't comply with it because I did not receive any verification code. And there are no other options on this screen. Why didn't it simply text my cell phone like iCloud.com does for the same Apple ID (successfully several times already today)?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 15, 2019 1:46 PM

6 replies

Mar 15, 2019 1:56 PM in response to plummyplumage

See if this helps.

Apple ID - Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

From the 2 Factor Authentication article

What are the system requirements for two-factor authentication?

For the best experience, make sure that you meet these system requirements on all of the devices you use with your Apple ID:

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 and later
  • Mac with OS X El Capitan and iTunes 12.3 and later
  • Apple Watch with watchOS 2 and later
  • Apple TV (4th generation) with tvOS
  • Windows PC with iCloud for Windows 5 and iTunes 12.3.3 and later

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication 

Mar 15, 2019 6:17 PM in response to plummyplumage

Did you try the steps in the first article I posted a link to?

If necessary, there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option.  You may need to pick a problem that is slightly different than yours to get a chat option.  

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

Mar 15, 2019 7:26 PM in response to Eric Root

I couldn't follow the first article as I don't know what my Trusted Device would be, lacking an iPhone and iPad. I've studied the http://appleid.apple.com site but I haven't found anything promising. (And having to enter a newly texted verification codes with every sub-minute move seems ridiculous.) I'll continue the futzing tomorrow...

"Your post could not be saved. Please try again in a few moments..." 卌II

verification code not received at the cell phone associated with my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.