Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External monitor turns all green after MacBook wakes up

Sometimes after my MacBook wakes up from a sleep, the external monitor turns all green. I can still move the mouse cursor to that screen, but can't see anything else.

About this Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

Monitor: Acer CB281HK https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/professional-model/UM.PB1EE.001

Every time this occurs, it is fixed by restarting the computer. So I'm suspecting it might be a software issue.

Hope to hear if anyone knows the cause, and if there's a way to get around it without having to restart.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 15, 2019 4:00 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 17, 2019 9:10 AM in response to allen.li

Greetings allen.li,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand the display on your external monitor unexpectedly appears green at times when your MacBook Pro wakes from sleep.

I suggest ensuring your Mac is updated, testing with a new cable, and testing if the behavior occurs when the power adapter is connected with your Mac. You can see these steps outlined within the following guide: Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

Let me know how it goes from here.

Cheers.

External monitor turns all green after MacBook wakes up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.