Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Another device on the network is using your IP Address

Hello,

ever since upgrading to Mac OS High Sierra I have been having many issues. This is one of them; an annoying message which pops up all the time

When I choose 'OK' I start getting internet connectivity errors, slow internet speeds, and consistent drop outs on my Mac. I have looked up solutions to fix the problem which hasn't resolved the issue. I have tried:

• Changing my IP address through "Network" in System Preferences, this only results in giving me the same IP address I had before
  • Resetting my router which has done nothing. 10 minutes later I get bad internet again.
  • Disconnecting other devices, such as my Ipod Touch, Ipad, etc, that also connect to my network which has not resolved the issue
  • SMC Reset, which hasn't resolved the issue.

Anyone have any solutions of how to fix this? If not I would just downgrade. ... not really a big deal, but why does this happen in the first place? Thanks.

Posted on Mar 16, 2019 1:29 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 17, 2019 1:59 AM in response to SoniMan91

I have MacOS High Sierra too and call your internet provider and ask for help in getting a new IP address and change your password too and have a lock on it with a password to unlock it if you need too so no one can get into using your internet and after you change everything and I put my password on my refrigerator so I can get to it easier. I have EarthLink as my internet provider and I pay less then $30.00 dollars a month for 24/7 services and 75 Mbpsi, but I have to do all of the wiring by myself which is very easy to do by listening to one of the Earthlink customer service person. Plug the cord into the router and wall outlet and into your computer that is all the wiring you need to do by yourself and it is easy to do. AT&T is $50.00 a month for the same I have at Earthlink, but they will hook up everything for you instead of you doing it yourself like Earthlink wants you to do. I started with EarthLink in 1994 and it was $9.95 a month for internet services for 24/7.

Another device on the network is using your IP Address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.