Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard replacement program - second time?

Hello,

I am about to buy a used macbook pro 2017. I know that it already went through keyboard replacement (this year). As far as I know, the keyboard gets replaced with exactly the same version. What if it breraks again? The keyboard replacement is valid for 4 years from purchase date, however, when laptop gets back from the service, you get 12 months of warranty. What if this warranty runs out, but keyboard breaks again (and 4 years from purchase date did not pass yet)? Can I get free repair/replacement again in such case?

MacBook

Posted on Mar 16, 2019 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2019 10:33 AM

If the repair program is still active, and you experience the covered issue, even after they fixed it before, there is no limit to the number of times they will fix it. NB> they promise to FIX, they do not promise to replace.

If the program expires, then free fixes expire with it.

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2019 10:33 AM in response to Loreno

If the repair program is still active, and you experience the covered issue, even after they fixed it before, there is no limit to the number of times they will fix it. NB> they promise to FIX, they do not promise to replace.

If the program expires, then free fixes expire with it.

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Keyboard replacement program - second time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.