Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting iOS backup files takes ages on my MacBook Air

Hello

I tried to delete old iOS backup files through (im translating from Polish) This Mac -> Memory -> Manage -> iOS files and then my Mac gets SO SLOW, activity monitor says that iconserviceseagent uses 150% of CPU... When I deleted those files through iTunes it was deleted immidiately.

Deleting other files through Memory Manager also uses 150% of CPU (also by iconserviceseagent) but at least it is done immidiately..

Help me :)

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 16, 2019 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2019 6:46 PM

My guess would be either a cache issue or a hard drive issue.

For cache: startup in Safe Mode. This should clear all caches. Read the instructions of the article in full, Safe Mode is a diagnostic mode so your Mac will behave differently and that's to be expected: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

For hard drive: startup in Recovery Mode and use Disk Utility to scan and repair your hard drive: Repair a disk using Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2019 6:46 PM in response to quebowaty

My guess would be either a cache issue or a hard drive issue.

For cache: startup in Safe Mode. This should clear all caches. Read the instructions of the article in full, Safe Mode is a diagnostic mode so your Mac will behave differently and that's to be expected: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

For hard drive: startup in Recovery Mode and use Disk Utility to scan and repair your hard drive: Repair a disk using Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support

Deleting iOS backup files takes ages on my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.