Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to back up the mac without backing up the issue I am having?

My MacBook pro keeps giving me messages that I am using too much memory and need to close the item I am working on when online. I use Safari.

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 2:45 PM

Hey, I would recommend opening up Activity Monitor by pressing the F4 Key and typing "Activity Monitor" Then select the tab that says "Memory". See what tasks are taking up the most memory and address them one by one.

If nothing seems to be out of the ordinary, there could be a hardware fault that needs to be addressed. Before I suggest any further, I would check to see if it is a software issue first.

Some users rarely do a full shutdown of their Mac, if you're like that, consider performing a full shutdown to see if that fixes any issues, like memory leaks of background programs.

And, while I doubt it, Safari could be running into some weird issue that is causing it to hog up memory. Consider checking the tabs you have opened in the background by clicking this "two tabs" icon.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2023 2:45 PM in response to Chumartin

Hey, I would recommend opening up Activity Monitor by pressing the F4 Key and typing "Activity Monitor" Then select the tab that says "Memory". See what tasks are taking up the most memory and address them one by one.

If nothing seems to be out of the ordinary, there could be a hardware fault that needs to be addressed. Before I suggest any further, I would check to see if it is a software issue first.

Some users rarely do a full shutdown of their Mac, if you're like that, consider performing a full shutdown to see if that fixes any issues, like memory leaks of background programs.

And, while I doubt it, Safari could be running into some weird issue that is causing it to hog up memory. Consider checking the tabs you have opened in the background by clicking this "two tabs" icon.

How to back up the mac without backing up the issue I am having?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.