How do I back up my MacBook Air Computer

My MacAir Air is telling me I have not backed up in a long time. How do I tell it to back up?

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 10:40 AM

You'll need to connect an external drive to your Mac, then reformat it using APFS (if possible) before using it.

Then, once it's reformatted properly, you'll want to launch Time Machine on your Mac and back it up. Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

Time Machine will remind you approximately every 10 days to back up, assuming you don't leave the drive connected at all times.

Once it's backed up, you won't be nagged again about it until 10 days have been exceeded between backups.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2023 10:40 AM in response to Princepenn1945

You'll need to connect an external drive to your Mac, then reformat it using APFS (if possible) before using it.

Then, once it's reformatted properly, you'll want to launch Time Machine on your Mac and back it up. Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

Time Machine will remind you approximately every 10 days to back up, assuming you don't leave the drive connected at all times.

Once it's backed up, you won't be nagged again about it until 10 days have been exceeded between backups.

How do I back up my MacBook Air Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.