Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Books displays book title on top which Siri reads before reading the page, so annoying!

I use Siri text to speech all the time, it reads books really well. In Kindle and Google books apps there are no problems, but when I try to have the phone read to me a book in Apple books app, it always reads the title of the book on every single page. Why is it even displayed? Is it possible to remove it? Or not to have it being read by the phone? It’s obviously a bug, a very annoying one.

Posted on Mar 16, 2019 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2019 3:56 PM

Tap the screen so the controls (text settings, bookmarks, etc) are visible. Then use speak screen to read the book. The controls "hide" the book title so it is not read.

Hear iPhone speak the screen, selected text, and typing feedback - Apple Support

-AJ

2 replies

Apple Books displays book title on top which Siri reads before reading the page, so annoying!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.