You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Siri turn the page of an e-book I am reading?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 9:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 12:25 AM

You can use Voice Control. Navigate to Settings > Accessibility > Voice Control and toggle on Voice Control. In the eBook app with a book open say, “Swipe left” to turn the page. Say, “Swipe right” to turn the page back. If you prefer a custom phrase such as “Turn the page” you can create a custom command.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 17, 2022 12:25 AM in response to JFaux

You can use Voice Control. Navigate to Settings > Accessibility > Voice Control and toggle on Voice Control. In the eBook app with a book open say, “Swipe left” to turn the page. Say, “Swipe right” to turn the page back. If you prefer a custom phrase such as “Turn the page” you can create a custom command.

Apr 16, 2022 9:56 AM in response to JFaux

Give it a try and see. When you want to turn a page in the book, simply say "Hey Siri, turn to the next page." If the page turns, Siri can do it. If it doesn't Siri, can't. And it would most assuredly be up to whether Siri control has been integrated into the app the book is contained in. That would be up to the App Developer of the app. For example, a user recently asked if Siri could turn the page in a book from Amazon. Siri has not been built into the Amazon App. But Alexa could do it within the Amazon app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.