Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes music was saved to an external hard drive which has died now all music says file missing

Hi The hard drive died and now i cannot play any music that was purchased beforehand it comes up the file is missing with an exclamation mark. Do i have to try and re download every single one separately or is there a way to re download all purchased (over a thousand which i why I'm not keen on doing each one individually). Music purchased on my iPhone since has been fine but its just my old music on my Mac

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 17, 2019 3:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2019 6:34 AM

Hi,

If the tracks were purchased from iTunes Store , Read this https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201272.

You can select all the tracks , select get info > remove download. Download arrow will appear and you will be able to redownload the tracks.

Jim

Similar questions

1 reply

Itunes music was saved to an external hard drive which has died now all music says file missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.