Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Keyboard

Is the Smart Keyboard for the Apple Pro 10.5 (2017 model) the same as the recently announced iPad Air 10.5?

It looks the same.

The one I have frequently falls off, attaches by magnets

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Mar 18, 2019 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2019 11:46 AM

UPDATE

Following the unexpected announcement today (18th March) of the 2019 iPad Air and 5th Generation iPad mini (both featuring Apple A12 processor variants and 1st Gen Apple Pencil support), we can now confirm that the 10.5” Air-compatible Smart Keyboard is the same model as that used with the [now depricated] 10.5” iPad Pro.

So yes, the Smart Keyboard for the new iPad Air will attach using the identical magnetic attachment.

I hope you find this infomation helpful.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2019 11:46 AM in response to Alan Mushnick

UPDATE

Following the unexpected announcement today (18th March) of the 2019 iPad Air and 5th Generation iPad mini (both featuring Apple A12 processor variants and 1st Gen Apple Pencil support), we can now confirm that the 10.5” Air-compatible Smart Keyboard is the same model as that used with the [now depricated] 10.5” iPad Pro.

So yes, the Smart Keyboard for the new iPad Air will attach using the identical magnetic attachment.

I hope you find this infomation helpful.

Mar 18, 2019 7:58 AM in response to Alan Mushnick

Since an iPad Air 10.5 isn't available yet, we wouldn't know and we are all users, like you on this forum. I would be willing to bet if such a device is released, and Apple sells a folio style keyboard for it, it will be much like, if not identical in how it attaches to iPad. I don't like the design personally, which is why I get my keyboards from Amazon, aftermarket, where there are other options.

Smart Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.