Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Keyboard received for my iPad A1893 Model MX3L2LL/A

Just received keyboard today but discovered there is nowhere on iPad to connect pins on keyboard cover. Do I have the wrong keyboard cover? Thanks!

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 7:34 PM

You have iPad 6th Generation, which is not compatible with the keyboard you purchased. Apple does not sell a keyboard for your iPad. You would need the 7th or the newest 8th generation iPad. You'll either need a newer iPad or return the keyboard for refund (you have 14 days to get a refund).

You can upgrade to a newer iPad or go to Amazon where you'll find loads of Bluetooth keyboard options. Check out options from Brydge, Zagg, Logitech on the higher end or the zillions of lower cost options, which are most likely chinese, but can be fine options. Just make sure any keyboard you choose says for iPad 6.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2020 7:34 PM in response to Golly1947

You have iPad 6th Generation, which is not compatible with the keyboard you purchased. Apple does not sell a keyboard for your iPad. You would need the 7th or the newest 8th generation iPad. You'll either need a newer iPad or return the keyboard for refund (you have 14 days to get a refund).

You can upgrade to a newer iPad or go to Amazon where you'll find loads of Bluetooth keyboard options. Check out options from Brydge, Zagg, Logitech on the higher end or the zillions of lower cost options, which are most likely chinese, but can be fine options. Just make sure any keyboard you choose says for iPad 6.

Smart Keyboard received for my iPad A1893 Model MX3L2LL/A

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.