Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB-C to Lightning Cable (1 m)

Can I use this to fast charge my iPhone X with my laptop?

iPhone X, iOS 11

Posted on Mar 19, 2019 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2019 9:41 AM

The cable can be used to charge the iPhone from a laptop. It does not in and of itself provide fast charging.

Whether it will be Fast charged, depends on the power output of the usb-c ports on your Laptop.

You can verify the power output of your laptop by looking at its specifications. You need 5 volts at more than 18 watts and 2amps for fast charging. Unlikely any laptop USB port provides that.

You can however, if the laptop is a recent MacBook or MacBook Pro, use its power adapter to fast charge the iPhone with the cable you mention.

See here: Charge your iPhone with an iPad or Mac notebook power adapter - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2019 9:41 AM in response to ashishsangai

The cable can be used to charge the iPhone from a laptop. It does not in and of itself provide fast charging.

Whether it will be Fast charged, depends on the power output of the usb-c ports on your Laptop.

You can verify the power output of your laptop by looking at its specifications. You need 5 volts at more than 18 watts and 2amps for fast charging. Unlikely any laptop USB port provides that.

You can however, if the laptop is a recent MacBook or MacBook Pro, use its power adapter to fast charge the iPhone with the cable you mention.

See here: Charge your iPhone with an iPad or Mac notebook power adapter - Apple Support

USB-C to Lightning Cable (1 m)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.