Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call recieve being shown as International Number

I had just returned from a trip to London Paris and Dubai

now back in pakistan when I receive a call the number is displayed and name is not and the country of the call is United Arab Emirates

even when I dial the first 2 digits are automatically converted into a code which doesn’t apply to pakistan

i have checked all the settings and unable to understand the issue

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 20, 2019 9:55 AM

2 replies

Mar 20, 2019 11:00 AM in response to fyfansia

You can change the country format for addresses and phone numbers using Contacts on iCloud.com.

Note: These changes apply only to Contacts on iCloud.com. You must change formatting individually on each of your devices using the Contacts app on iOS and Mac, or Microsoft Outlook on Windows computers. For more information, see the documentation for the apps.

1. Click the Action pop-up menu  in the sidebar, then choose Preferences.
  2. Choose a country from the Address Layout menu.
  3. To have Contacts automatically add hyphens and other symbols in phone numbers, select “Automatically format phone numbers.” If you want to be able to enter phone numbers in more than one format, don’t select this option.
  4. Click Save.

iCloud: Change the country format for iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH2661

Mar 20, 2019 11:08 AM in response to fyfansia

Dial Assist on iPhone automatically adds international and local prefixes to phone numbers, so you don't have to enter them yourself. This feature is designed to be helpful, particularly when calling internationally since the call won't go through without the correct prefix. But for people who travel often, it may be preferable to save full international numbers with prefixes in their contacts, making Dial Assist redundant. If you'd like to turn off Dial Assist on your iPhone,

Settings > Phone > Dial Assist [Disable]

Settings > General > Language & Region > Region > [Change your Region]

GIF below

Call recieve being shown as International Number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.