Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does a family Apple Music account charge me for Apps bought by others

Can I set up an Apple Music Share account JUST for Apple Music? I enrolled in Family Plan thing and now I'm being charged for App purchases, movies, books, etc. Really?

Posted on Mar 20, 2019 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2019 5:10 PM

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

You agreed to this: “If you turn on purchase sharing, you'll be asked to confirm that you agree to pay for purchases initiated by the family members you invite.”

• You can tell the group members about how group purchases work, and ask them to repay you for these. If some can’t play nice, maybe they shouldn’t be in the group.
  • or: You can turn Purchase Sharing off, but keep Apple Music on.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2019 5:10 PM in response to chrisste

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

You agreed to this: “If you turn on purchase sharing, you'll be asked to confirm that you agree to pay for purchases initiated by the family members you invite.”

• You can tell the group members about how group purchases work, and ask them to repay you for these. If some can’t play nice, maybe they shouldn’t be in the group.
  • or: You can turn Purchase Sharing off, but keep Apple Music on.

Why does a family Apple Music account charge me for Apps bought by others

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.