Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backup does not work -> I have enough storage left

My iPhone X keeps telling me I have to make a backup of my iCloud, but it does not work. I do have enough storage left (2,9 GB of 5 GB in use) but it is saying that I don't have enough iCloud storage left.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 22, 2019 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2019 10:03 AM

Yes. That amount of space needed for the backup is too close to what you have left so it will not work. You can pick and choose to decide what content you want to include in the backup to get it down to an amount of space that will work for you.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

One point worth considering is to upgrade to the 50GB plan for 99¢ per month in the U.S. I did it before I set up Family Sharing for my family and it gave me the peace of mind of not having to juggle to space since I had three devices using iCloud at the time.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2019 10:03 AM in response to RodyvanRoessel

Yes. That amount of space needed for the backup is too close to what you have left so it will not work. You can pick and choose to decide what content you want to include in the backup to get it down to an amount of space that will work for you.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

One point worth considering is to upgrade to the 50GB plan for 99¢ per month in the U.S. I did it before I set up Family Sharing for my family and it gave me the peace of mind of not having to juggle to space since I had three devices using iCloud at the time.

Mar 22, 2019 9:50 AM in response to RodyvanRoessel

You may have enough space left when you do the math, but you have to know what the size of the next backup is going to be. If you haven’t been able to backup for a while, and you have added a good bit of content, your next backup may be larger than what you have left in Storage.

Go to Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Manage Storage>Backups>Your iPhone. Let the data load. It can take a while to load all of the apps. Look at Next Backup Size. What does that say?

iCloud backup does not work -> I have enough storage left

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.