Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backup - constantly not enough storage

hi

can anyone advise how to set up icloud backup? i have next to no files on my iphone, almost 5gb on my iCloud yet still whenever i want to back up my iphone i got prompt that backup cant be done as there is not enough space in the iCloud. currently there is one back up file in icloud and it takes whole 300mb so how come 5GB is not enough for another backup?

thanks

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 9:24 AM

Hello Greggerly,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you want to know how to set up the iCloud backup because whenever you try to backup your phone you're prompted with a message that your iCloud Storage is full. I am happy to help you out here.

The reason you might be seeing the message that your iCloud Storage is full is because your next backup size might be larger than what space you do have left.

To check your next backup size do the following:

Settings > Tap on your name > iCloud.

Scroll down to Backups and click on it.

Click on your device.

Below is an article that will help you manage your iCloud backups.

Manage your iCloud storage

You've also asked for the article on how to backup to iCloud so here is that article: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Let me know if that worked for you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 9:24 AM in response to Greggerly

Hello Greggerly,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you want to know how to set up the iCloud backup because whenever you try to backup your phone you're prompted with a message that your iCloud Storage is full. I am happy to help you out here.

The reason you might be seeing the message that your iCloud Storage is full is because your next backup size might be larger than what space you do have left.

To check your next backup size do the following:

Settings > Tap on your name > iCloud.

Scroll down to Backups and click on it.

Click on your device.

Below is an article that will help you manage your iCloud backups.

Manage your iCloud storage

You've also asked for the article on how to backup to iCloud so here is that article: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Let me know if that worked for you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

iCloud backup - constantly not enough storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.