Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Backup not working even though there is enough storage space

I've turned off most things (Photos, Mail etc..) and my iPhone is unable to back up using iCloud because there isn't enough storage. How do I check how much storage I need and how much is available?

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 5:29 PM

See this:

If you can't back up to iCloud or restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support

Here's how to find your Next Backup Size:

• On iOS 11 or later and iPadOS: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups. Tap the device you're using.
  • On iOS 10.3: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage. Tap the device you're using.

To check how much available storage you have:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

See how much iCloud storage you have

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap [your name].
  3. Tap iCloud. 

The amount of iCloud storage that you've used is listed at the top.

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2020 5:29 PM in response to chewbacca206

See this:

If you can't back up to iCloud or restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support

Here's how to find your Next Backup Size:

• On iOS 11 or later and iPadOS: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups. Tap the device you're using.
  • On iOS 10.3: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage. Tap the device you're using.

To check how much available storage you have:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

See how much iCloud storage you have

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap [your name].
  3. Tap iCloud. 

The amount of iCloud storage that you've used is listed at the top.

Good luck!

iCloud Backup not working even though there is enough storage space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.