Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Song not playing to end

I have an issue with songs either not playing to completion (skipping to a next song at a consistent (random) time through the song or the song playing in full, but not triggering the next song (music pauses at very end of song).

These songs come from various sources including downloaded from an official CD or purchased from a band's website. I have (at least I think I still have) a ticket with Apple Support for about a year now but they couldn't figure it out. Before I ask for an update (have not heard from them for about 6 months), I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. If not, does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this?

Specifics:

• Issue is only on iphone (iphone 8 running most current ios). Impacted songs play in full on mac with no issues. Also had a Samsung phone before re-switching to iphone, and had no issues with that either
  • Apple tech team grabbed screenshots from the song info (play to, type, etc), and couldn't see any issues.
  • Re-downloaded the songs (both from CDs and from official websites. No resolution.
  • The only advice I got was to keep updating the OS when a new one came out
  • Songs downloaded via Apple Music are not impacted

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 23, 2019 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2019 3:13 AM

If you transfer music from a CD or downloaded file to iTunes, then get these in AAC (.m4a) format preferably. MP3 should also work in a similar way. Adjust you import settings in Preferences, if needed.

You may want to find out if a converted track performs better in playback.

Similar questions

2 replies

Song not playing to end

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.