Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost a rubber foot on late 2013 retina

Well out of AppleCare for a while, and just found out my Macbook is missing a foot, must have slipped off when taking it out of the bag I carry it in, and it lost its adhesiveness. I searched high and low for the missing foot. I ordered feet for the right model of Macbook Pro via Amazon. I currently stuck some tape over the place of the missing foot as a temporary protection from dirt. I look at instruction videos, and they suggest unscrewing screwing the aluminum under panel off to replace the missing foot with new one. Dont like the idea of unscrewing my Retina Macbook... as the computer is delicate ...

Can I install the foot without unscrewing the under aluminum plate ? The feet do appear like stickers that you stick the feet on.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 23, 2019 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2019 6:07 PM

IIRC the replacement feet for the Retina laptops don't require the removal of the bottom case like the older non-Retina models unless the replacement feet you acquired consist of two parts.

Make sure to remove the old adhesive from the depression where the original foot was installed. Dip a paper towel or rag in some rubbing alcohol to clean the surface where the foot mounts. Test fit the foot before you remove the adhesive backing to make sure the foot fits easily. I find the quality of the replacement feet are quite poor, but there are no other options. You may need to apply a little Super Glue if the adhesive doesn't hold.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2019 6:07 PM in response to Zanaelf

IIRC the replacement feet for the Retina laptops don't require the removal of the bottom case like the older non-Retina models unless the replacement feet you acquired consist of two parts.

Make sure to remove the old adhesive from the depression where the original foot was installed. Dip a paper towel or rag in some rubbing alcohol to clean the surface where the foot mounts. Test fit the foot before you remove the adhesive backing to make sure the foot fits easily. I find the quality of the replacement feet are quite poor, but there are no other options. You may need to apply a little Super Glue if the adhesive doesn't hold.

Lost a rubber foot on late 2013 retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.