Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

internal microphone

I upgraded to 10.14.3 and now my internal microphone will not work with magicjack. Using sound control in system preferences the microphone appears to be working but all the people I call cannot hear me talking. Magicjack has answers. Apple support had no answers. I am using a mid 2012 MacBook Pro

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 24, 2019 6:20 AM

4 replies

Mar 24, 2019 4:40 PM in response to VikingOSX

I updated and reinstalled the latest magicjack software as per magicjack support results were the same. MJ is less than 2 years old. I used it several time a day with no issues. I have a backup unit and we tried it with the same results. I have ordered an external usb microphone and will see if that solves my problem. I have been an Apple user since the IIe and was a certified Apple Certified Service provider until 2010 and know most of the field service type stuff to try but I am not a S/W only Hardware MSEE. Thanks for the reply. I retired and all of my Apple Contacts are gone and I live in Southeast Asia now. My access to information is restricted to the Internet.

Mar 24, 2019 8:02 PM in response to Keith Barkley

Hi Keith I had set the privacy control previously but I decided to do a different process. I first restarted my computer using the reset procedures for zapping the pram. After reset I toggled all the setting off an on, then reset start of magicjack and it worked. I had not reset the pram before and I suspect that must have something to do with the process. Thanks again it prompted me to try a process that worked.

internal microphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.