Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lag lag LAG

I'm using a macbook pro 2017 13in touch bar and when I try to run FCPX (or logic pro X) the computer runs horrendously slow, making the program unusable! I just bought these programs and can't even use them properly because of this terrible lag, and it shouldnt be the laptop being it is fairly new and cost nearly $2000! Someone, please help me with this problem. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, restarting the mac, closing all programs while using FCPX, and I checked for viruses, malware, etc. Any help would be appreciated!

P.S.: Not much work is being in these programs, mostly basic work like titles or importing a small clip just to test the app.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 24, 2019 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2019 5:02 AM

Please run the diagnostic tool Etrecheck and post its report here, so we can know a little more about your setup and hopefully notice some possible causes. Needless to say, your mac should handle all this with aplomb; the most likely cause is some kind of software conflict. Do you have any antivirus or "cleaners"? These things are notorious for causing trouble, and should never be let anywhere near your mac.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2019 5:02 AM in response to akhalil1224

Please run the diagnostic tool Etrecheck and post its report here, so we can know a little more about your setup and hopefully notice some possible causes. Needless to say, your mac should handle all this with aplomb; the most likely cause is some kind of software conflict. Do you have any antivirus or "cleaners"? These things are notorious for causing trouble, and should never be let anywhere near your mac.

Mar 25, 2019 3:13 PM in response to akhalil1224

FCP X seems to be using two cores to the full.

Your mac is a two core machine, so it is really being pushed to the limits.

Maybe your timeline is very complex, or maybe something is not working right.

Try deleting FCP X preferences, which something to consider whenever the application does not seem to be working correctly (this does not affect any of your media or edits, it just reverts preferences to their defaults).

lag lag LAG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.