Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I connect an iPad to a Blu-ray player?

I’ve been collecting Blu-rays and dvds for years and am currently working (very slowly) to switch all of them to digital (the ones that didn’t come with digital copies that is.) However a lot of the Blu-rays and dvds I own either aren’t available digitally or I haven’t been able to afford to convert yet. I currently don’t have a tv or a computer. Only my iPhone 8+, AppleTV (which I used when I still had a tv) and an iPad Air (which I don’t physically have yet because I preordered the iPad Air 10.5).

So my question is, is there anyway that I can connect my Blu-ray player to either my iPhone or iPad so that I can watch the ones I haven’t been able to convert yet?

Posted on Mar 24, 2019 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2019 10:42 PM

That is an easy answer.

Absolutely NOT!

iPads are NOT laptop computers or full laptop computer replacements!

iOS devices, like the iPad, are only simplified, mobile computing, companion devices!

iOS/iDevices could never and still never, cannot connect standard, wired, conventional external computer peripheral, like standard hard drives, enclosed SSDs and optical drives.

Sorry.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2019 10:42 PM in response to JenniferABCBB

That is an easy answer.

Absolutely NOT!

iPads are NOT laptop computers or full laptop computer replacements!

iOS devices, like the iPad, are only simplified, mobile computing, companion devices!

iOS/iDevices could never and still never, cannot connect standard, wired, conventional external computer peripheral, like standard hard drives, enclosed SSDs and optical drives.

Sorry.

Can I connect an iPad to a Blu-ray player?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.