Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rapid Beeping Noise When Charging

When I charge my iPhone 8 with a wireless charger, it makes a faint rapid beeping noise. Is this suppose to happen or do I need to repair it?

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 25, 2019 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2019 6:28 AM

Hello Anderson_Huynh,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that your iPhone 8 makes a rapid beeping noise when charged wirelessly. Before seeking service for this issue, let's see if we can further isolate potential causes.

Let's start by making sure that you are using a Qi-certified charger, and following these steps to charge your iPhone:

How to wirelessly charge your iPhone 8 or later - Apple Support

If you have a case on the iPhone, remove the case and test if the noise still appears. If you're still hearing the noise after trying those steps, some additional questions that would be helpful to answer are:

1. Does the charging symbol appear and disappear on your iPhone when you hear the beeping?
  2. Does this happen when charging the iPhone using a Lightning to USB cable?
  3. Do you have a different wireless charger you can test your iPhone with?

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2019 6:28 AM in response to Anderson_Huynh

Hello Anderson_Huynh,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that your iPhone 8 makes a rapid beeping noise when charged wirelessly. Before seeking service for this issue, let's see if we can further isolate potential causes.

Let's start by making sure that you are using a Qi-certified charger, and following these steps to charge your iPhone:

How to wirelessly charge your iPhone 8 or later - Apple Support

If you have a case on the iPhone, remove the case and test if the noise still appears. If you're still hearing the noise after trying those steps, some additional questions that would be helpful to answer are:

1. Does the charging symbol appear and disappear on your iPhone when you hear the beeping?
  2. Does this happen when charging the iPhone using a Lightning to USB cable?
  3. Do you have a different wireless charger you can test your iPhone with?

Cheers!

Rapid Beeping Noise When Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.