Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Installation Failed -- Mojave 10.14.4 Combo Update on APFS Formatted Internal Drive

So I downloaded the combo update from . . .

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1996?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

. . . to install on my 2017 27" 5K iMac running Mojave 10.14.3. After entering my Admin password, the installer throws up the following happy dialog:

As if that is not enough, when I go to the "Software Update" preference pane and try to get the 10.14.4 update that way, yet another wall is thrown up with this screen:

Isn't life grand?! :(

Suggestions, folks? Thanks in advance!

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 26, 2019 2:04 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 26, 2019 3:01 PM in response to dialabrain

Well, that is certainly weird. In all my years of working on a Macintosh, I have never had to boot into Safe Mode in order to install an OS update. Why I had to do it this time is beyond me. Not only did the 10.14.4 update work properly, but the Software Update preferences pane is also back to normal and functioning as well. Go figure. I wonder if encrypting and then decrypting my drive over the past 24 hours has anything to do with this.

The Installation Failed -- Mojave 10.14.4 Combo Update on APFS Formatted Internal Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.