Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add child to new iPad

My primary account and user is on my iPad mini. I purchased 2 ipads for my children who are under 13. So far, I created one family account for one child on my iPad mini; however, when I attempt to use her created iCloud username and password on her actual new iPad device it says it is already in use (obviously....because it is the one I created on my iPad mini for her). How do I go about setting this up?

Posted on Mar 26, 2019 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2019 6:13 PM

I'm trying to visualize what you've done, but the way it should work is you have your Apple ID on your iPad. And each of your children has their own Apple ID on their iPad. Then you use Family Sharing as the family organizer to share content to their iPads and since they are young, you use parental controls to control content and usage on their iPads.

Here is how to set up Family Sharing: Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Here is how to use Parental Control: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2019 6:13 PM in response to lilnursekk

I'm trying to visualize what you've done, but the way it should work is you have your Apple ID on your iPad. And each of your children has their own Apple ID on their iPad. Then you use Family Sharing as the family organizer to share content to their iPads and since they are young, you use parental controls to control content and usage on their iPads.

Here is how to set up Family Sharing: Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Here is how to use Parental Control: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How to add child to new iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.