Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Amazon music on iTunes library

I am an elementary music teacher and have purchased hundreds of songs through Amazon digital music. Last night, I purchased a song on Amazon but this morning was unsuccessful in downloading it onto my iMac and therefore unable to get it into my iTunes library. In a lengthy online chat with Amazon, the tech finally discovered that music purchased on Amazon will not be allowed to be downloaded into an iTunes library, by order of Apple! I tried to purchase the same song from the iTunes store, but it is not available. Can someone please explain the logic of this to me?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 28, 2019 5:59 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Mar 28, 2019 10:38 AM in response to iteachmusic

Hi,

This is an extract from Amazon website:

"To access and play your Amazon Music purchases in iTunes or Windows Media Player, you first need to download the songs to your computer. You can then move the downloaded files from where they're saved on your computer to your iTunes or Windows Media Player library. 

To add your downloaded music to iTunes

1. Open the iTunes app.
  2. Select Add File to Library from the menu.
  3. Browse to the file or location where you saved your download (e.g. your default "Downloads" folder, "Your Music," your "Desktop"). 
  4. Select each track you want to add and confirm."

Jim

Mar 28, 2019 10:34 AM in response to iteachmusic

Music you have purchased can be downloaded to your computer. By default it will be put into an Amazon Music folder that is inside your Music folder. You can then drag the music just downloaded into iTunes. However you cannot download Amazon Streamed music to iTunes which is what I suspect you were trying to do.

Mar 28, 2019 5:22 PM in response to iteachmusic

I just bought one song and can confirm there is no problem. The downloads from Amazon are normal MP3s that can be added to your iTunes library the usual way.

What might be confusing your "tech" person is that the Amazon Digital Music Store -- just like the iTunes Store and Google Play Music -- does a lot of things to nudge you into subscribing to their streaming service rather than buying a download. If you ignore all that, it works the way it always did.

Amazon music on iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.