Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where has my iTunes library gone?

Hi all. Some advice would be much appreciated (in simple terms) before I get anymore frustrated. I recently purchased a new 2020 MacBook Air 13". I haven't been onto to iTunes for a while but have also recently started at the gym and wanted to change the music on my phone from all the Christmas that seem to be on there. However, I seem to have no idea how to access my iTunes library. I have thousands of songs that I have bought over the years - lots of money, history and memories - but do not know how to get them. I do not subscribe to Apple Music - and would assume paying £10 a month to access my own music that has already been paid would not be correct - and cannot download any previous versions of iTunes - 2019/2017 - as it says they are not compatible with my Mac. How do I get my music? Please help. Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 23, 2021 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2021 10:19 AM

Your library would be on your previous computer and/or any backups. Signing into the iTunes Store in iTunes or the new Music app in Big Sur will give you access to your unhidden past purchases, but not other content that you added to your library or your playlists. See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support for more. See also Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community for advice on moving the library from your old computer, backups of the same, or any devices you may have.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2021 10:19 AM in response to Vic_H

Your library would be on your previous computer and/or any backups. Signing into the iTunes Store in iTunes or the new Music app in Big Sur will give you access to your unhidden past purchases, but not other content that you added to your library or your playlists. See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support for more. See also Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community for advice on moving the library from your old computer, backups of the same, or any devices you may have.

tt2

Where has my iTunes library gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.