Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WatchOS 5.2 and the Explorer Watch Face

Since updating to WatchOS 5.2 the Explorer watch face no longer shows the minute numbers on the watch. I have tried setting up the same face again and the minute numbers appear on the phone but not on the Watch. When making a watch face settings change on the watch the face with numbers is not even an option.

Is anyone else having these issues and do you know how to fix this?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Mar 28, 2019 7:12 AM

38 replies

Mar 29, 2019 1:36 PM in response to Elery

I know it won't make you feel any better, however I just tested this on my AP4 and it behaves the same. You see the 5 minute numbers in the Watch app on the iPhone, however, once you set the Watch face, they do not appear on the Watch. I've not used this face before, so I couldn't say how it behaved in the past, but for now, that is how it is.

You can provide feedback to Apple about this change by going to Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

Mar 29, 2019 9:31 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I appreciate the response. I tried what you suggested, and

it made no difference. On the phone you can see the Explorer watch face with

the numbers. Once added to my watch the numbers are missing.

I know this seems likes such a non-issue for most. I have

just gotten use to, and like the face with numbers better. It was fine until the

5.2 update.

Mar 29, 2019 12:52 PM in response to Elery

Elery wrote:

I appreciate the response. I tried what you suggested, and
it made no difference. On the phone you can see the Explorer watch face with
the numbers. Once added to my watch the numbers are missing.

I know this seems likes such a non-issue for most. I have
just gotten use to, and like the face with numbers better. It was fine until the
5.2 update.

You're allowed to be annoyed. I still haven't forgiven Apple for removing the "friends circle" from the watch.

I did't realize until after I posted that you specifically said you have updated to 5.2. I plan on doing that tonight and will see what happens.

Mar 31, 2019 5:14 AM in response to Branta_uk

Branta_uk wrote:

Strange, My Series 3 and iPhone XS Max are behaving normally after the updates. I’m guessing at least one of the victims has tried the traditional reboot, pair and unpair, etc.

Have you updated to watch OS 5.2? It doesn't appear until then. n

I'm also seeing. However, as I rarely use the face, I haven't taken the time to do any basic troubleshooting.

Mar 31, 2019 5:30 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote:

Have you updated to watch OS 5.2? It doesn't appear until then. n

I'm also seeing. However, as I rarely use the face, I haven't taken the time to do any basic troubleshooting.

Quick check... yes the updates worked. 5.2 on the watch, and 12.2 on the iPhone. AFAIK I didn’t do anything special in or after the updates, in true Apple style “it just worked”

Edit: Just thinking... the only unusual factor was that I was working late on the first day of release so I had to wait and update the iPhone a day or two later. The watch was updated soon after first availability.

My guess, this is likely to be a problem in the Watch app which is the source for faces, not WatchOS which is simply the recipient client from the app. It might be worth removing the watch app from the phone then downloading again from App Store.

Mar 31, 2019 5:42 AM in response to seanfromllanelli

@Sean what do you. See in the Explorer face of Face gallery? See my screenshot above with all the variations just above Complications...

I’m 99% sure this comes from Watch App rather than the watch and WatchOS. Of course... my series 3 gets a different batch of faces in the app because I don’t get the InfoGraph faces so they will not be identical, and the face collection for 42 and 44mm is probably a different resource to handle the different resolutions.

Good point, we should also be asking which watch size, 38/40/42/44 because they will all have different packages.

Mar 31, 2019 6:32 AM in response to seanfromllanelli

I still think it might be worth removing the watch app from your phone and downloading again from App Store. There’s always a chance the bug is in the update installer rather than the app. However.... if you decide to try I suggest dual BACKUP first to both iCloud and iTunes so you can put it back if there’s a problem (don’t forget, iTunes backup should be password encrypted or it is not complete).

OK, seanfromllanelli is the UK representative on duty... I’m going birding before the rain comes.

WatchOS 5.2 and the Explorer Watch Face

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.