Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 video sync issue-- is there a final cut X solution

Hello Everyone,

I am working on a client project where videos taken from iPad 2 have audio that is ahead of the visual. In final cut pro, I am able to detach the audio on a separate track, but it stays linked to the video. I can move the audio to make it further ahead of the visual, but can't move the audio alone ahead of the visual on the timeline to correct for the distortion.

Any suggestion.

Thanks,

iPad, iOS 11

Posted on Mar 28, 2019 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2019 1:21 AM

I assume the clip is at the start of the timeline. You can’t have a connected clip start before the very start of the primary storyline. This is easy to solve..

You can either trim the start of the audio, or add a gap clip before the video (place the playhead at the beginning of the timeline and press Option-W)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2019 1:21 AM in response to annfromkihei

I assume the clip is at the start of the timeline. You can’t have a connected clip start before the very start of the primary storyline. This is easy to solve..

You can either trim the start of the audio, or add a gap clip before the video (place the playhead at the beginning of the timeline and press Option-W)

iPad 2 video sync issue-- is there a final cut X solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.