Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Screen Recording: Why is Audio not in sync with video?

In every video I've made with my iPad using the screen recording feature, the audio lags behind the video. The lag is evident in playback in Photos, from the beginning of the video. Are there any solutions to this problem?

I have tried some of the fixes recommended on these forums and elsewhere, including using Handbrake to produce a video with constant framerate. While I was able to successfully create video files with constant framerate, the audio unfortunately remains out of sync.

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 11:41 AM

Thanks for the response! I had not used headphones when recording.

Fortunately, though, I seem to have resolved the problem for the time being. I did a force restart of the device, and afterwards did not experience any audio syncing issues. I'm kicking myself that I hadn't tried this at the very beginning of my day of troubleshooting, but glad that - for now at least - I'm able to use screen recordings again. Here's hoping this isn't too frequent a problem.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 11:41 AM in response to QuickPost

Thanks for the response! I had not used headphones when recording.

Fortunately, though, I seem to have resolved the problem for the time being. I did a force restart of the device, and afterwards did not experience any audio syncing issues. I'm kicking myself that I hadn't tried this at the very beginning of my day of troubleshooting, but glad that - for now at least - I'm able to use screen recordings again. Here's hoping this isn't too frequent a problem.

iOS Screen Recording: Why is Audio not in sync with video?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.