Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my lock screen gray?

i have the wallpaper and lock screen set to the same image but when I go to wake my phone my lock screen is gray. This started happening yesterday and turning my phone off and on worked for exactly 4 hours, then I repeated that and it worked for the rest of the night. Until today it’s just been gray and even turning my phone off and on won’t fix the problem.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 29, 2019 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2019 6:38 AM

Good morning guadalupe147!

I see that the Lock screen on your iPhone is stuck on this gray screen, even after restarting the device. I'd like to help out.

Try force restarting the iPhone, which is a little different from restarting normally. The steps are in the following article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support If that doesn't work, you'll need to use a computer with iTunes to put the iPhone into recovery mode. As a first step, try simply reinstalling the iOS by clicking "Update", but if that does not work then you may need to restore the device. The steps for this are also in the resource provided above.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2019 6:38 AM in response to guadalupe147

Good morning guadalupe147!

I see that the Lock screen on your iPhone is stuck on this gray screen, even after restarting the device. I'd like to help out.

Try force restarting the iPhone, which is a little different from restarting normally. The steps are in the following article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support If that doesn't work, you'll need to use a computer with iTunes to put the iPhone into recovery mode. As a first step, try simply reinstalling the iOS by clicking "Update", but if that does not work then you may need to restore the device. The steps for this are also in the resource provided above.

Take care.

Why is my lock screen gray?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.