You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone contact and calendar not syncing with hotmail

i have my icloud and outlook accounts set up on ipad and iphone Xr. They are setup the same way on both device. On ipad, any modification to either calendar or contact is sync automatically to outlook and vice versa. On iphone, any modification to contact or calendar is not sync to outlook at all. Modification on outlook is only sync to iphone after a manual refresh. I have tried resetting the phone, remove and adding outlook acct, none of which worked. This is very frustrating.

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 12:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2019 12:50 PM

Finally fixed it on my phone. The problem is that my iPhone was in quarantined by Hotmail account. I never found a way to grant access to global access when the device is in quarantined. My work-around was to delete the outlook account from my iPhone. Remove the device from mobile devices list on outlook and add the account back on iPhone. Once I did that, somehow Hotmail grants access to my iPhone and now I have full access. Any change on outlook (contact and calendar) are automatically synced to my contact and calendar apps on iPhone and vice-versa.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 1, 2019 12:50 PM in response to Tranld

Finally fixed it on my phone. The problem is that my iPhone was in quarantined by Hotmail account. I never found a way to grant access to global access when the device is in quarantined. My work-around was to delete the outlook account from my iPhone. Remove the device from mobile devices list on outlook and add the account back on iPhone. Once I did that, somehow Hotmail grants access to my iPhone and now I have full access. Any change on outlook (contact and calendar) are automatically synced to my contact and calendar apps on iPhone and vice-versa.

Iphone contact and calendar not syncing with hotmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.