Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to import photos Error 9912

I am trying to import over 700 photos from my camera XQD card to Lightroom. The import started and some 100 photos were imported successfully. But 615 photos were not. Importing to Photos gave exactly the same result. In Photos I received the message "The operation couldn't be completed (com.apple.ImageCaptureCore error 9912)". The problem is clearly with Apple, not Lightroom and not my Nikon D500 camera.

I have successfully imported thousands of photos in the past, although I did have a problem with some photos a few weeks ago, which after several attempts cleared itself.

Can someone explain the problem and provide a solution please.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 9:10 AM

Have you tried using Image Capture to download the image files to a folder on the Desktop and then try to import from there?

6 replies

Apr 14, 2019 6:49 PM in response to Bantati71

Having the same problem from my iPhone 7S+ to the laptop. First few times I received a few pop ups for 13 videos & images indicating there was an error with them and asking if it should skip. After it would recognize over 300 + needing import and go through process, but only give me 3 pics at the end. I unplugged, troubleshot and ended apple mobile device, restarted all and tried again. Now it just tells me there are no photos to import even though they are visible on the phone and in their respective folders on the laptop.

Unable to import photos Error 9912

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.