Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable To Sync Contacts

Have an iphone SE and XS max where there are nearly 900+ contacts in my SE and when I sync my contacts towards XS max, I could only see less than 750 contacts are synced from my SE to XS Max. Tried to sign out/sign in, disabled/enabled contacts from icloud settings but that too didn't worked out.

N.S- Using the same icloud account across both the phones. Have taken backups before initiating the sync operations.

Any ideas or thoughts would be highly appreciated. Thanks!!!

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 5:31 PM

My Bad, I figured out the issue. I was storing contacts to google as well as outlook along with icloud and that the reason why I saw this inconsistency. I moved all the contacts from google, outlook to icloud and hence resolved this issue.

Thanks @welafever & @ChrisJ4203 for your help and support.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2019 5:31 PM in response to askbarnabas

My Bad, I figured out the issue. I was storing contacts to google as well as outlook along with icloud and that the reason why I saw this inconsistency. I moved all the contacts from google, outlook to icloud and hence resolved this issue.

Thanks @welafever & @ChrisJ4203 for your help and support.

Mar 30, 2019 3:29 PM in response to sumodkb

If you are working with iCloud for contacts, then a backup has no affect on that. Are you sure that all of the contacts on the iPhone SE are in iCloud? Have you tried logging into iCloud on the computer and viewing how many contacts you have there? When you say you are trying to sync over to the Xs Max, are you just logging into iCloud with the same Apple ID as on the SE, on the Xs Max and turning on Contacts?

Unable To Sync Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.