Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 9.0 (6194) Update Breaks Presentation with Pop-up Slides

I just upgraded yesterday to Keynote 9.0 build 6194. Now all my Keynote presentations have a reoccurring glitch: After moving on to a second slide or other, often after about 25 sec. or less without clicking anything and no automatic transitions applied, a different slide in the presentation (an earlier, later, or even the same slide before any other transitions occur) pops up on top of the current slide. Clicking to advance, the pop-up slide disappears and Keynote moves to the next slide. The slide that somehow magically appears is usually a previous slide, but I have seen it bring up a slide not yet to be shown. I have never had this in any previous version of Keynote.

Has anyone else had this strange activity occur? What can I do to fix it? Can I downgrade to the previous build of Keynote? I need these slides to teach, but the popup slides are completely distracting to anyone trying to watch the presentation.

-William

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2019 9:26 AM

Had exactly the same frustrating problem today presenting to real live delegates on a course....arrgghh. I have now managed to, quite easily, go into my time machine backups and found Keynote 8.3 from the 28th March, pre the update and restored that version and it works again fine. I have also been in and stopped auto updates in my App store.

This https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209152 describes how to do it if you haven't before but it is quite easy but be patient when you are waiting for it to restore. I hope this helps you guys.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2019 9:26 AM in response to Macoholic66

Had exactly the same frustrating problem today presenting to real live delegates on a course....arrgghh. I have now managed to, quite easily, go into my time machine backups and found Keynote 8.3 from the 28th March, pre the update and restored that version and it works again fine. I have also been in and stopped auto updates in my App store.

This https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209152 describes how to do it if you haven't before but it is quite easy but be patient when you are waiting for it to restore. I hope this helps you guys.

Mar 30, 2019 10:31 AM in response to Macoholic66

I also just upgraded to keynote 9.0 (6194) and ran a presentation that worked perfectly the day before the update. Now today, every time I advanced a slide, about 30 seconds later, it bounces back to the first slide in the deck. When I click, it takes me to the slide after where I had just been. Complete disaster presenting to a class today. Any workaround?

Keynote 9.0 (6194) Update Breaks Presentation with Pop-up Slides

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.