Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing with Safari Version 12.1

Recently upgraded to Safari Version 12.1 ...... can no longer print ..... when I click on Print

button - receive a noise - no printing.

What do I have to do? To print with Safari Version 12.1.

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2019 1:33 AM

Best easy solutions for now are:

1. Use the 'Export PDF' button in Safari. Open the PDF in Preview and print from there.
  2. Use for printjobs another browser like Firefox or Chrome.

A complete clean install of Mac OS is also an option but a lot of work and no guarantee that the printbutton in Safari 12.1 starts working again.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2019 1:33 AM in response to Wally2020

Best easy solutions for now are:

1. Use the 'Export PDF' button in Safari. Open the PDF in Preview and print from there.
  2. Use for printjobs another browser like Firefox or Chrome.

A complete clean install of Mac OS is also an option but a lot of work and no guarantee that the printbutton in Safari 12.1 starts working again.

Mar 31, 2019 7:23 AM in response to Wally2020

I think that I'm seeing the same problem. Immediately apparent after upgrading to Safari 12.1. This is about the action of the File>Print menu option. This is not about being able to physically print from the computer. I see that the File>Print action works (it brings up the usual printing pop-up) for a few minutes after restarting Safari, then it stops. This sure looks like a software regression.

Mar 31, 2019 10:29 AM in response to Eric Root

Have NO extensions in Safari/Preferences/Extensions

Set up another Admin User Account - same problem.

I can print my email from new account name

I can print as long as website name in the Safari Toolbox is home page in new account name.

As soon as I change website name - cannot print.

FYI - I have run all updates to my macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6

Printing with Safari Version 12.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.