Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change my old Apple ID?

I am having trouble with updating my apps As it’s telling me to sign in a Apple ID that I don’t use or get into no more I currently have a Apple ID for Downloading apps but I can’t seem to update them. I can’t even get in access in that email address as I have forgotten the password my Apple ID has been locked for too many attempts I don’t remember my password for the Apple ID or logging into Hotmail please is there any way i can remove that Apple ID or anything

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 3:46 PM

5 replies

Mar 30, 2019 4:20 PM in response to rukhsana786

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

Mar 31, 2019 3:22 PM in response to rukhsana786

Apps, media, and other downloads are forever tied to the AppleID

used for the download. Delete those apps and re-download using

your new AppleID - if the apps were paid for, you will have to repurchase.

Plan B is to recover your old AppleID and password.

If you forgot your Apple ID  - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID password  - Apple Support

How can I change my old Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.