Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email problems

I have used Mail for years with my yahoo email account. Not long ago I could suddenly receive all my emails, but could no longer send. The emails I wrote would sit as a draft and never be sent. I tried various things to no avail. My laptop (with the same account,) continued to send emails until today. Now only my iPhone and iPad send emails from my account. Now I am frustrated. Any ideas?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 5:03 PM

Please read If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support.

If that doesn't help, the easiest way to fix it might be to delete the account from System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Then, add it again using that same Preference pane. Those instructions are provided in Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

If the email messages are stored locally on your Mac, ensure you have a reliable backup prior to making any changes to its file system.

From Mail Help:

Important: If you’re unsure whether messages you want to keep are still on the mail server, move or copy them to a mailbox stored on your Mac (the mailbox appears in the On My Mac section in the Mail sidebar) before you delete the account in Mail.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2019 5:03 PM in response to Nancy Maffly

Please read If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support.

If that doesn't help, the easiest way to fix it might be to delete the account from System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Then, add it again using that same Preference pane. Those instructions are provided in Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

If the email messages are stored locally on your Mac, ensure you have a reliable backup prior to making any changes to its file system.

From Mail Help:

Important: If you’re unsure whether messages you want to keep are still on the mail server, move or copy them to a mailbox stored on your Mac (the mailbox appears in the On My Mac section in the Mail sidebar) before you delete the account in Mail.

email problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.