Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Trackpad 2 won't scroll

I have a new Magic Trackpad 2 and a new to me Mac. I migrated from my old Mac and in my main account on the new Mac the scroll feature on the Trackpad does not function. Scrolling does work in other accounts on the new machine, so I presume something in account preferences is the problem. I tried

defaults write -g com.apple.trackpad.scrollBehavior 2

in terminal and verified the setting using read and this did not help. I then tried bulk copying all the preferences from one of the other accounts where scroll does work using root (and yes used chown to make sure my account had access to them). The transfer worked as lots of things changed on my settings (dock, etc.) when I logged back in but I still cannot scroll.

At this point I am at a loss as to how to get scrolling to work in my main account. Only other thing I can think to do is make a new account and copy all my data from the old one into the new one. I do not want to get into that, yet.... And suggestions?

(Also, when I made the copy, I received this error:

cp: /Users/colin/Library/Preferences/com.apple.homed.notbackedup.plist: Operation not permitted

How is it there is something root cannot do??)

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 31, 2019 7:36 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Magic Trackpad 2 won't scroll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.