Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari forcing extension installation

When I try to download something in safari it quits and opens the extension preferences. On top of the window appears a pop up (very blurry) that mimics the Mac OS installation saying “installation almost done (click here)”

i cant download anything without it happening

I restarted the computer and ran first aid, ran Malwarebytes, wich found no threats and I even deleted the coockies and the cache of my safari but it keeps happening

what should i do?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 31, 2019 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2019 7:15 PM

Try running this program in your normal user account, then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information    10.10 and later

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2019 7:15 PM in response to Zemigm

Try running this program in your normal user account, then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information    10.10 and later

Safari forcing extension installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.