Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bleutooth issues with BMW

Since I updated to IOS 12.2 I have issues with Bleutooth audio and my BMW 3 series. IPhone X connects normally and Bleutooth audio works ok for just couple of minutes and then mutes.

Only deleting device and reconnecting helps again for 5 minutes. Then same issue.

Did anyone encounter the same issues and is there a solution to this.

Thanks

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 31, 2019 10:15 PM

Similar questions

23 replies

Apr 15, 2019 11:56 PM in response to sébastien240

Hi,

this is is what helped for me until now (have made appointment with BMW anyway)

• reset network settings on IPhone
  • delete device from BMW
  • leave & lock car for 30 minutes
  • Forget BMW device on iPhone
  • Switch BT of on your IPhone.
  • Restart your IPhone
  • switch BT on on IPhone
  • connect your IPhone again with the Car.

Did this his sequence last week and it’s still running like clockwork.

Pls let me know if this worked for you.

Apr 1, 2019 8:28 AM in response to gerdma

There may have been a change within iOS 12.2 that may never be fixed. You could try waiting for 12.2.1 or 12.3 however that may not resolve the issue either. Also, waiting for one of those releases would definitely keep you from being able to roll back to 12.1.4. Your best option will be to contact BMW and see if they have, or will be, releasing a firmware update to be compatible with 12.2.

Apr 15, 2019 8:22 AM in response to gerdma

Hi,

Same issue for me.

Since iOS 12.2 upgrade I'm systematically disconnected after few minutes of use of bluetooth audio.

My car is BMW X3, phone iPhone Xs. Tested with other devices (also some Android ones), no problem at all. It occurs only with this new iOS 12.2 version.

That's pretty annoying, I didn't find any work-around so far (restarting device, forget it from the car, renew pairing, etc. ) nothing solve the issue. I can't use anymore bluetooth audio connection in my car.

Apr 17, 2019 2:56 AM in response to gerdma

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I've applied this process but unfortunately it didn't help, the problem is still there.

I've noticed that the bluetooth audio is interrupted due to data transfer (car's display a message saying there is some bluetooth data transfer). I've deactivated the transfer option from the car (for my paired phone) and it works now. But as side effect, I'm no longer have my calls management in my car (history of calls for example).

That's a pity.....

Maybe iOS 12.2 now declares more bluetooth profiles than the audio and the car randomly use one of this new profil, trying to send data.

Jul 8, 2019 5:41 AM in response to gerdma

I’ve Had the same thing. The issue was resolved when I removed the BMW connected drive app. There is currently an issue with the app and the latest iOS update that interferes with Bluetooth connectivity. The easy fix is delete the BMW app and your car Bluetooth audio connectivity will go back to normal. BMW will have to resolve the issue in conjunction with apple

Bleutooth issues with BMW

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.