Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t remove old phone number from apple ID

I recently change phone and for the life of my can’t remove my old number from my ID. I have logout of all device and switch off all iMessage and FaceTime. Have change apple if password multiple times. The old number still stuck there. No option to remove the old number, can remove the new number.

Can anyone help with this.

Posted on Apr 2, 2019 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2019 5:39 PM

You might need to contact Apple Support.

Remove your phone number

If you don't want calls or messages for your iPhone on your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can remove your phone number. There are two ways to do this:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out. Then go to Settings > FaceTime, select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out.
  • If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore. 

If you have questions, contact Apple Support.

FaceTime and iMessage - Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2019 5:39 PM in response to KevinSyd007

You might need to contact Apple Support.

Remove your phone number

If you don't want calls or messages for your iPhone on your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can remove your phone number. There are two ways to do this:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out. Then go to Settings > FaceTime, select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out.
  • If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore. 

If you have questions, contact Apple Support.

FaceTime and iMessage - Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with

Can’t remove old phone number from apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.