Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet Connectivity with iMac 2019

I recently returned a new edition Mac Mini because it would not connect or hold a Wi-Fi signal when I connected my Apple 23" Cinema Display. My 2011 MacBook Pro will connect instantly, so I don't believe the problem is with my network or router signal. I am now considering purchasing a new edition 2019 iMac 27" and I wonder if anyone has had internet connectivity problems with either this new edition or the previous edition.

Posted on Apr 3, 2019 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 12:25 PM

YES! I've literally been going crazy. Mine is a week old. I can connect to a random open neighborhood hotspot (Xfinity) but not to my router literally feet away. I've moved it all over the house. Initially it would connect in other rooms. Now not at all. All the other Mac devices in house work just fine - phones, ipads, 2012 mac, two laptops ... Curiously, my formerly awesome mac wireless mouse chokes up and barely works on the new Mac Mini. I dread bringing it in. I just spent a week doing clean installs of only the most essential software for work so it would be my 'good' machine. Ugh.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2019 12:25 PM in response to melvinfromca

YES! I've literally been going crazy. Mine is a week old. I can connect to a random open neighborhood hotspot (Xfinity) but not to my router literally feet away. I've moved it all over the house. Initially it would connect in other rooms. Now not at all. All the other Mac devices in house work just fine - phones, ipads, 2012 mac, two laptops ... Curiously, my formerly awesome mac wireless mouse chokes up and barely works on the new Mac Mini. I dread bringing it in. I just spent a week doing clean installs of only the most essential software for work so it would be my 'good' machine. Ugh.

Apr 28, 2019 8:13 PM in response to Michellemorgan

I was unable to finally get my Mac Mini to connect to my home network. I returned the entire Mac Mini setup with the mouse and keyboard and DVI to USB connector and got a prompt refund from Apple. I will eventually try to purchase an iMac 27" and see if that connects without problems.

Sad that you had to do clean installs and find out what I found out. I would recommend that you try an iMac from a retailer that allows a return, like the Apple Store.

Internet Connectivity with iMac 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.