Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot mark as NOT JUNK

Hi all. Suddenly, my Mac is sending mail to the junk folder that it should not. Further, when I click on the email that has been sent to the junk mail filer, there is no longer a button, as there was before, that you clicked on NOT JUNK. It's just not there anymore?? The only buttons I have are 'Load Remote Content' and "Move to inbox'. Can anyone advise why I can no longer mark as 'not junk'? Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 3, 2019 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2019 6:24 PM

If you have an eMail highlighted that is in the Junk Folder, as you've shown, the Junk icon tuns into a Not Junk icon as is shown by the up arrow in it instead of the down arrow... test+icon helps.

A needlessly complicated "feature"...

9 replies

Apr 6, 2019 6:12 PM in response to BDAqua

Thank you for that, but I already have a junk icon in the toolbar. It's in the message itself, at the top, where I cannot mark as 'not junk'. That has disappeared. See on the yellow part of the message - on the rhs there used to be a button 'not junk'. Now all I have is 'load remote content' and 'move to inbox'. I need to be able to mark some emails as 'not junk'. Cheers

Cannot mark as NOT JUNK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.