Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave 10.14.4 mac Mail personal Gmail IMAP account automatically goes offline

Since updating to 10.14.4 and waiting to update until some of the people of the GSuite problems (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250259379?page=1) have been resolved, I have noticed that my personal Gmail IMAP account automatically goes offline.

I updated a 2017 MBP to 10.14.4 and an iPhone 6 to iOS 12.2 (No issues with my phone so far). My account is personal not GSuite, and both devices updated just fine with a few authentications. I then wanted to have 2FA on my account, so I initiated that 2 days after the OS updates and the gmail account seemed ok. Two days later, after my computer had slept numerous times without issue, I noticed the 'lightning bolt' icon (meaning the account is offline) next to my Gmail account in mac Mail. Tried using the Mail/Mailbox menu to bring it back on line, but nothing happened, not even an error. So I restarted Mail, and problem seems fixed. Then after MBP sleeping overnight, woke to find 'lightning bolt' icon shown again. This time I clicked on the icon and the account automatically came online and retrieved new mail.

This account was initiated through the System Preferences/Internet Accounts/Google, NOT through "Add Other Account.../Mail account", so there is no way to access any of the details about the account, i.e. server settings. I also noticed that there are three new application password tokens in my Keychain: "com.apple.account.Google.oauth-expiry-date", "com.apple.account.Google.oath-refresh-token", and "com.apple.account.Google.oauth-token". The expiry token modification date has not updated since the re-authentication after the update, but the other two have modification dates that seem to change often. (I will pin this down soon.)

Please if anyone has a similar problem after updating to 10.14.4 describe them here so we may troubleshoot the issue. This thread is for people who have updated to 10.14.4, have a personal IMAP Gmail account with 2FA and are having issues with the account automatically going offline. Thx

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 4, 2019 10:13 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Mojave 10.14.4 mac Mail personal Gmail IMAP account automatically goes offline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.