Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My spouse can't see my child's location with Find My iPhone.

We have family sharing set up where I am the Organizer, my spouse is a Parent/Guardian, and my 15-yr-old and 12-yr-old are the children. We all have location sharing turned on. We have it set up where my spouse and I can see each other's location, but the children cannot see their parents' location. On my iPhone, I can see everyone's location using Find My iPhone. My spouse can see my location and my 12-yr-old's location but cannot see the 15-year-old's location. For her, it always says "Online, not sharing location." But I can see her just fine. Why would that be?

iPhone 8

Posted on Apr 5, 2019 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2019 11:51 AM

Hi melbic!

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that while location sharing is working for most members in the Family Sharing group, your wife isn't able to see all members. I am happy to help.

I have a couple of things I would like to have you check out. They can be found here: Share your location with your family

First, under "How it works" note that each family member can choose whether or not to share their location.

Also, under "Choose when to share" ensure that your daughter has followed the steps there and chooses to share her location with both you and your wife.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2019 11:51 AM in response to melbic

Hi melbic!

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that while location sharing is working for most members in the Family Sharing group, your wife isn't able to see all members. I am happy to help.

I have a couple of things I would like to have you check out. They can be found here: Share your location with your family

First, under "How it works" note that each family member can choose whether or not to share their location.

Also, under "Choose when to share" ensure that your daughter has followed the steps there and chooses to share her location with both you and your wife.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

My spouse can't see my child's location with Find My iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.