Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to update Crave TV app

I just subscribed to Crave TV (not in iTunes) believing I would just need to log-in with my Crave userid and password on AppleTV. When I click on the Crave app icon on ATV, I get a message saying the app is out of date and must be updated. I then go to the AppStore on ATV, search for Crave, and I'm taken back into the Crave application. How do I force an app upgrade to occur?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 12

Posted on Apr 8, 2019 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2019 2:18 PM

Make sure your Apple TV is up to date (the latest is TVOS 12.2)

When in the app store navigate to the purchased tab and bring up all the apps available under your account. Select Crave and you should see an option to update (instead of open).

If that doesn't work then try deleting the app and reloading it. To do this navigate to the icon for Crave and hold down on the remote's touch pad until it wiggles, press the play/pause button to bring up the options and select delete. Then go into the app store and download it again.

You may also want to go into settings and set apps to automatically update.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2019 2:18 PM in response to AppleTValex

Make sure your Apple TV is up to date (the latest is TVOS 12.2)

When in the app store navigate to the purchased tab and bring up all the apps available under your account. Select Crave and you should see an option to update (instead of open).

If that doesn't work then try deleting the app and reloading it. To do this navigate to the icon for Crave and hold down on the remote's touch pad until it wiggles, press the play/pause button to bring up the options and select delete. Then go into the app store and download it again.

You may also want to go into settings and set apps to automatically update.

Apr 9, 2019 8:05 AM in response to vazandrew

Thank you. I checked the Apple TV version - it was already at 12.2. Before I saw your suggestion on how to update the Crave app, I tried deleting it. It deleted successfully, but when I try to download from App Store, it never leaves the 'in progress' state (the download circle is spinning but never completes). I've tried the app download a few times.

Other apps on Apple TV, such as Netflix, work fine ... so I know it is not a WiFi issue. The auto-update for apps was already turned on prior to the issue.

Any other suggestions I can try? Really appreciate it.

Apr 9, 2019 9:23 AM in response to AppleTValex

That's really strange as I also have the Crave app and it's usually updated on it's own, and the few times I had to manually update it that went through without issue.

However, I have run into other issues with Crave in the past and had to contact them to fix. So if you're having issues with that app in particular I would contact someone at Crave.

Apr 16, 2019 7:02 PM in response to vazandrew

I contacted CRAVE because all of a sudden I can't access it. It says I need a package (CRAVE + HBO + Movies) which I DO have. So now CRAVE will let me click through to the episode I want to watch, and then gives me this stupid message when I click to play. I contacted CRAVE who have sent me to Apple. So calling or livechatting CRAVE may not work. Sorry to say.

Need to update Crave TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.