Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Utility 6.3.7

I have been using Airport Utility v5.5.1 for the Mac. That version will no longer run on my new Mac running OS X 10.12.5. I now have to use Airport Utility v6.3.7. It lacks much of the functionality of the older utility. It is much harder for me to fix problems on the network. Is there any way to get the functionally and flexibility of options that existed with the older version on my newer Mac (can I press some key combination in v6.3.7 to gain more functionality)?

If not, is there another more advanced Apple router utility that I can use to to regain the control I had with the older version?

NB

Posted on Apr 8, 2019 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2019 2:11 PM

You can still run the last of the v5 series airport utility on your computer.

There is a special script available to install it in your Mac.

https://bristleconeit.com/freeware/launcher-for-airport-utility-v5-6-1/

Don't leave it running.. it will prevent the Mac from sleeping and maybe other issues.. but it works and is very helpful to do some tasks which are missing in the toy version.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2019 2:11 PM in response to NetBlueBB

You can still run the last of the v5 series airport utility on your computer.

There is a special script available to install it in your Mac.

https://bristleconeit.com/freeware/launcher-for-airport-utility-v5-6-1/

Don't leave it running.. it will prevent the Mac from sleeping and maybe other issues.. but it works and is very helpful to do some tasks which are missing in the toy version.

Apr 8, 2019 3:45 PM in response to NetBlueBB

The Launcher which LaPastenague mentions will work with AirPort Utility 5.6.1 on your Mac......but......things are not going be all that seamless like they were before.

Your mileage may vary, but I have to go through at least 3 messages to get AirPort Utility 5.6.1 to open correctly with the Launcher.

When I first run the Launcher and open AirPort Utility 5.6.1 a message like the one that you see below appears on my Mac:

Click Cancel when/if this appears

The next message that usually appears is this one:

Click Continue

Then another message like the example below will appear to ask to allow the application to access the KeyChain for log on information.

Even though I might click "Always Allow", the same message will always appear when I run the Launcher to open AirPort Utility 5.6.1.

Finally, do not attempt to have both AirPort Utility 6.3.x and 5.6.1 open at the same time since strange things can sometimes....but not always.....occur when the two versions are running simultaneously.

Apr 8, 2019 2:01 PM in response to NetBlueBB

Sorry, but you're not alone with being disappointed with v6.x of the AirPort Utility. However, it does seem to provide better, not more, functionality running on an iOS device than a Mac.

There are no known replacements, especially since Apple has decided to exit the networking hardware business. You may want to consider going with another manufacturer, like Asus, for your future networking needs.

Airport Utility 6.3.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.